Challenge grant offered for Woodhaven Farm!
The Willow Tree Fund has offered SVT and the Carlisle Conservation Foundation (CCF) a generous challenge grant for the Woodhaven Farm protection effort. The Fund will match every dollar we raise between May 15 and June 30, up to $15,000. We don't want to miss this tremendous opportunity. Read more about the project, and please make a donation today!
SVT Trail Fest Saturday June 11
Join SVT for our 5th annual celebration of local trails on Saturday June 11 (Rain date Sunday, June 12). This year's Trail Fest will be at Mainstone Farm and Hamlen Woods in Wayland. Mainstone Farm is a working farm in Wayland and one of the largest conservation projects in SVT history. We thank the owners of Mainstone Farm for letting us celebrate trails, while giving attendees a glimpse into the life of a working farm. Included will be:
- Morning walks of different lengths (start times on Trail Fest web page), all ending at Noon
- Stretching before and after with Earthsong Yoga
- Petting zoo with McDonnys Traveling Farm
- Live music from the Milltown Rounders
- Seeds of local plants project. Get them started at Trail Fest, take them home and watch them grow
- Face painting
- Wayland Fire Department showcasing their trail rescue efforts and how you can protect yourself if you get injured while on trails
- Delicious grilled food and while lot more
SVT Announces MassLIFT AmeriCorps Positions for 2016-17 Season
This year, 30 MassLIFT-AmeriCorps members will help their hosting organizations meet critical community needs for land protection, stewardship of protected lands, outreach to the broader community, and youth education opportunities to engage young people in conservation. To learn more about MassLIFT-AmeriCorps, visit masslift.org.
SVT is hosting three AmeriCorps positions. Applications and interviews are now open. The three positions we are offering are:
Mainstone Farm Gets Overwhelming Support at Wayland Town Meeting
On Monday, April 11, 2016, Wayland Town meeting overwhelmingly passed Article 30 to appropriate $12 million from Community Preservation Funds towards the purchase of a Conservation Restriction (CR) on 208 acres of Mainstone Farm. Thanks to all you who were able to attend and vote "yes".
This "yes" vote was critical for us to proceed and SVT is now able to advance on its efforts to raise an additional $3.3 million toward the purchase price of $15 million and to cover project costs.